Establishing accurate budgets and maintaining project costs is one of the most challenging aspects of project development. KCM develops highly detailed estimates from inception of the project through completion of construction documents.
KCM employs trained quantity surveyors and estimators with project management experience. KCM exhibits the highest professional standards in estimating. Our process involves:
- Analyze the drawings and creating a complete quantity survey necessary to conduct the project.
- Review local labor practices and wage rates to develop appropriate production rates and unit costs.
- Analyze the logistical constraints of the site to factor project specifics into pricing.
- Develop the estimate by area, or by trade using the quantity survey and unit process developed.
- Due to KCM’s role as a construction manager, we have the unique ability to stay current with market pricing because of its ongoing relationship with subcontractors.
- KCM also maintains a proprietary database of project costs, and utilizes trade resources such as NECA, Walker’s Estimating, Richardsons, BNI, Means and Like References.
In addition to project costing, we provide value engineering, phasing studies, scheduling and constructability analysis. KCM personnel have backgrounds in general contracting, estimating, and construction management and bring together the experience of the general contractor with the accurate costing of professional estimating firms.